Welcome to KneeBouncers (the “Site”). The Site is operated and presented to users by KneeBouncers, LLC of Sykesville, Maryland.
- USE OF CONTENT
The Site is only for your personal use. You may not use the Site for commercial purposes or in any way that is unlawful, or harms us or any other person or entity.
All information, materials, functions and other content (including Submissions, as defined in Section 3, entitled “SUBMISSIONS”) (“Content”) contained on KneeBouncers’ Sites are our copyrighted property or the copyrighted property of our licensors or licensees. All trademarks, slogans, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are proprietary to us and/or our licensors or licensees. We may change the KneeBouncers’ Sites or delete Content or features at any time, in any way, for any reason.
Except as we specifically agree in writing, no Content from any KneeBouncers’ Site may be used, reproduced, transmitted, distributed or otherwise exploited in any way other than as part of the KneeBouncers’ Site, not even as part of a derivative work, except that where a KneeBouncers’ Site is configured to enable the download of particular Content, you may download one copy of such Content to a single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that you (a) keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices, (b) make no modifications to, and do not rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, copy (except to create a single copy for your own back-up purposes), or create any derivative works based on the Site or the Content, in whole or in part, and (c) do not use the Content in an unlawful manner or in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands. Using our Content for any other purpose, including but not limited to “re-mailing” or high-volume or automated use of KneeBouncers’ Sites or using any of our Content on any other Web site or networked computer environment, is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights and is strictly prohibited.
In the event that we offer downloads of software on a KneeBouncers’ Site and you download such software, the software, including any files, images incorporated in or generated by the software, and data accompanying the software (collectively, the “Software”) are licensed to you by us or third-party licensors for your limited, personal, noncommercial home use only. We do not transfer title to the Software to you.
Except as permitted under applicable law, you may not distribute or otherwise exploit the Software or decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, adapt it, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-readable form, except to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Use of the Site or any software, code, device or other mechanism that allows automated gameplay, expedited gameplay, or other manipulation of gameplay or game client will result in immediate termination of the Account. KneeBouncers reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to determine what constitutes manipulation of gameplay or game client.
There are two types of Submissions: Solicited Submissions and Unsolicited Submissions. “Solicited Submissions” means those Submissions (a) that we expressly request or enable you to provide to us via any feature or activity on a KneeBouncers’ Site for our review or display and possible specifically-defined consideration or compensation (collectively, “Consideration”) (such as prizes or other value in games, sweepstakes, contests and promotions); and (b) that you Distribute on or through any KneeBouncers’ Site for which you do not seek Consideration (such as in our Guest Services and in Public Forums (as defined below in Section 6, entitled “PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION”)). “Unsolicited Submissions” are any and all Submissions that do not fall within subparagraphs (a) or (b) of this paragraph.
DO NOT DISTRIBUTE ANY UNSOLICITED SUBMISSIONS; NO IMPLIED CONTRACT.
Our long-standing company policy does not allow us to accept or consider Unsolicited Submissions so please do not Distribute Unsolicited Submissions on or through any KneeBouncers’ Sites. We want to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by us or under our direction might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. We therefore ask that you not Distribute any Unsolicited Submission. In any event, you agree that any Submissions you make is not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way, and that you have no expectation of any review, compensation or consideration of any type (other than any stated Consideration).
- LICENSES AND REPRESENTATIONS
You hereby grant us and our licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license for an indeterminate period (or for such maximum period permitted by applicable law) under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual and industrial property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify (including removing lyrics and music from any Submission or substituting the lyrics and music in any Submission with music and lyrics selected by us), create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Submissions, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on KneeBouncers’ Sites, on third party web sites, on our broadcast and cable networks and stations, on our broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release) for any and all purposes including, without limitation, entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity (the “Submissions License”).
To the extent that we solicit Submissions through features or activities on or through KneeBouncers’ Sites (including games, sweepstakes, contests, promotions, and Public Forums (defined below in Section 6, labeled “PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION”)) that require the use of our copyrighted works (in whole or in part), we hereby grant you a non-exclusive license to create a derivative work using our copyrighted works (in whole or in part) as required (but only as required, and only for the purpose of creating your Submissions); provided however, that such license shall be conditioned upon your assignment of all rights in the work you create to us. If such rights are not assigned to us, your license to create derivative works using our copyrighted works (in whole or in part) shall be null and void. You agree to the foregoing grant of rights, consents, agreements and assignments whether or not your Submissions are used by us.
You agree that any Submissions you make are not being made in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way, and that you have no expectation of any review, compensation or consideration of any type.
Without limiting the scope of the Submissions License or any future grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments, and waivers you may make with respect to Submissions, and to the extent allowed by applicable law, you hereby ratify any prior grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers made by you with respect to Submissions submitted by you to us.
Some services on the KneeBouncers’ Sites permit or require you to create an account to participate or to secure additional benefits. You agree to provide, maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by our registration processes (the “Registration Data”). You shall not impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity, including using another person’s username, password or other account information, or another person’s name, likeness, voice, image or photograph. You acknowledge that you may not sublicense, transfer, sell, or assign Your Membership or Account ID. Any attempt to sublicense, transfer, auction, sell or assign the Membership or Account ID is void, and such attempts, regardless of whether made by Account Holder, will result in immediate termination of Account.
Users shall comply with any applicable currency exchange control requirements. Before completing your subscription transaction, you may review the transaction and correct mistakes and/or withdraw from the transaction. Access to the Service is available immediately on payment of the subscription transaction fee.
- E-COMMERCE LANGUAGE
From time to time, You may purchase goods or services on our sites or applications, including to play games or purchase other goods. You acknowledge that only an adult (18 years or older) can enter into and complete any such transaction.
You may cancel an auto-renewal or recurring charge by accessing your account information.
The period of the auto-renewal of any subscription shall be the same as the period of initial subscription, unless otherwise disclosed to You at the time of purchase. Any charges made in connection with recurring payments or automatic renewals shall be made at the rate that was in effect at the time of original purchase of the service, unless we notify of a change you before such charge is made.
- PUBLIC FORUMS AND COMMUNICATION
“Public Forum” means an area, site or feature offered as part of any KneeBouncers’ Site that offers the opportunity for users to Distribute Submissions for viewing by one or more KneeBouncers’ Site users, including a chat area, message board or social community environment.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PUBLIC FORUMS AND FEATURES OFFERED THEREIN ARE FOR PUBLIC AND NOT PRIVATE COMMUNICATIONS, AND YOU HAVE NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY WITH REGARD TO ANY SUBMISSION TO A PUBLIC FORUM. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose through any of these media; you make such disclosures at your own risk.
Subject to applicable law, you are and shall remain solely responsible for the Submissions you Distribute on or through any KneeBouncers’ Site under your username or otherwise by you in any Public Forum and for the consequences of submitting and posting same.
Also, you should be skeptical about information provided by others, and you acknowledge that the use of any Submission posted in any Public Forum is at your own risk. For example, we are not responsible for, and we do not endorse, the opinions, advice or recommendations posted or sent by users in any Public Forum and we specifically disclaim any and all liability in connection therewith. We owe you no obligation, and therefore may refuse, to post, deliver, remove, modify or otherwise use or take any action with respect to Submissions you Distribute.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove, edit, store and/or review Submissions at any time and from time to time and for any or no reason including, without limitation, to ensure that the Submissions conforms to the Rules of Conduct, in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice. If we elect to screen Submissions, there may be a delay in the posting of such content in a Public Forum to allow for a review process. If we have questions about your Submissions including, without limitation, the copyright, we may contact you for further information including, for example, to verify that you own the copyright or otherwise obtained permission to post the material.
- RULES OF CONDUCT
The following Rules of Conduct apply to the KneeBouncers’ Sites. By using the KneeBouncers’ Sites, you agree that you will not Distribute any Submission that:
- (a) is defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, or an invasion of a right of privacy of another person; (b) is bigoted, hateful, or racially or otherwise offensive; (c) is violent, vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit; or (d) otherwise harms or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity;
- is illegal or encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them, including a Submission that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity;
- infringes or violates any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights; (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person’s personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (c) any confidentiality obligation;
- is commercial, business-related or advertises or offers to sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit), or solicits others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);
- contains a virus or other harmful component, or otherwise tampers with, impairs or damages the KneeBouncers’ Sites or any connected network, or otherwise interferes with any person or entity’s use or enjoyment of the KneeBouncers’ Sites; or
- (a) does not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the relevant Public Forum; (b) violates any specific restrictions applicable to a Public Forum; or (c) is antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including “flaming,” “spamming,” “flooding,” “trolling,” and “griefing” as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet.
- COOPERATION; REMOVAL OF SUBMISSIONS
SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE CONTENT ON OR OTHERWISE RELATED IN ANY WAY TO KNEEBOUNCERS’ SITES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR SERVICES LINKED TO FROM ANY KNEEBOUNCERS’ SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THOSE OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AVAILABILITY, SECURITY, COMPATABILITY AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY CONTENT WILL BE ERROR-FREE, THAT ACCESS THERETO WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT ANY KNEEBOUNCERS’ SITE OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE SUCH CONTENT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. MOREOVER, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY CLAIM AGAINST US WITH RESPECT TO CONTENT AND ANY CONTENT YOU PROVIDE TO THIRD PARTY SITES (INCLUDING CREDIT CARD AND OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION), TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER, IN PARTICULAR THE LEGAL WARRANTY FOR LATENT DEFECTS FOR USERS WHO ACCESS THE SITE IN CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS.
Furthermore, the Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or the applicable local emergency service immediately. Reliance on any information appearing on a KneeBouncers’ Site is strictly at your own risk.
KneeBouncers’ Sites may contain the opinions and views of other users. Given the interactive nature of these sites, we cannot endorse, guarantee, or be responsible for the accuracy, efficacy, or veracity of any content generated by our users.
The content of KneeBouncers’ Sites are intended for educational and entertainment purposes only. Such content is not intended to, and do not, constitute legal, professional, medical or healthcare advice or diagnosis, and may not be used for such purposes. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in, or accessible through, the KneeBouncers’ Sites without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a lawyer or professional licensed in the recipient’s state, country or other appropriate licensing jurisdiction.
- GAME PLAY AND LATENCY
To support smooth operation of the Site across wide geographic areas, aspects of certain activities in the Site, may be simulated to avoid delays in game play.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- JURISDICTIONAL AND VENUE ISSUES
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
We have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination, in appropriate circumstances as determined by us in our sole discretion, of users who are infringers of copyright. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be sent to Service Provider’s Designated Agent. To be effective, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
We may give you notice that we have removed or disabled access to certain material by means of a general notice on any KneeBouncers’ Site, electronic mail to a user’s e-mail address in our records, or by written communication sent by first-class mail to your physical address in our records. If you receive such a notice, you may provide counter-notification in writing to the designated agent that includes the information below. To be effective, the counter-notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled, and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement from you under the penalty of perjury, that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- Your name, physical address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of a court for the judicial district in which your physical address is located, or if your physical address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which KneeBouncers may be found, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of allegedly infringing material or an agent of such person.